Hey! Che'Lynn Here

Welcome To My Blog Spot :)


Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Personal Statement: Admirer

She is a rock. She remains my main role model and motivator. She has helped me prevail through everything in my life. She has influenced every decision I have made in my life whether it affected me in a huge way or not. This woman is the person I go to first for advice or even just to talk. She knows more about me than my mother and best friend. I thank God everyday for the privilege of having such an amazing woman in my life. I feel so lucky to know that I have the best grandmother in the world.
“Che’Lynn, you are a very strong, beautiful, and intelligent soul. God took what my son was and all the things your mom wants to be and put them in you, I am so proud and overjoyed that you are my granddaughter, I love you most”. My grandma told me that when I needed her to the most. I was completely ready to give up on everything and everyone, but for some she always says something that makes me reconsider my attitude and mindset. She always seems to be the only person that can influence my mind and decisions. She was the first person that challenged my views on killing someone with kindness. I had always thought that phrase was impossible to achieve. Before, if I had encountered someone that was rude and disrespectful to me for no reason, then I would be the same. After actually being in the situation and listening to the advice my grandmother gave me, I no longer feel the need to degrade myself by lowering my potential and abilities. There was many other life learned lesson that I have gotten though, by not being told what to do, but by being explained both sides, then making my own decision as I may. Learning that way helps me more than my grandmother can even imagine, and I thank her.
This person is respected and admired the most by me because she is one of the strongest women I know. She is a walking example of someone who never gives up or never stops trying. I admire my grandmother’s strength. She gives me strength to excel in what I do. I challenge myself everyday so that she can continue to show push me to the limit. I like to think that it is her job, even though I know she does it because she believes in me and that she loves me. I also know my grandma does not have to continue to be as wonderful to me as she is, therefore I know never to take her for granted. I feel strong, beautiful, courageous, confident, and all kinds of empowerment, all from this one woman. I only thank God for blessing me with each and every day here with her and try to prepare myself for that first day I’m on my own in college, miles away from her. What am I going to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment