Hey! Che'Lynn Here

Welcome To My Blog Spot :)


Thursday, June 10, 2010

Residential Life with Summer Scholars

The week of June fourth through June ninth was a time period when I experienced a chance of a lifetime. Luckily I was one of the selected few chosen to participate in the UNO two thousand ten Summer Scholars Program. I had gotten to experience dorm life on an actual college campus. I had even had the chance to have college meals, and at times, eat with college students. It had been an amazing unforgettable past week. I am glad to now have a feel of dorm life. I also enjoyed having the task of making new friends, working hard, and having fun all in one. The UNO Summer Scholars Program is an unforgettable program and here is why:

Living in Scotts Hall for a week was amazing! Even arriving, and in my case late, was a good feeling. Dorm life never actually hit me until I handed over a set of keys. I had my bags excited to open the door and see what was inside. To be honest I had imagined there being a there being a small room with two twin beds and split sides. I was wrong. There was a living space, then our own separate rooms, like a mini apartment. I was so excited to get my bed made and get in the shower after the long day at Carol Joy Holling Center and I almost forgot the keys on my bed! I had to test the door lock to make sure I did not end up accidentally locking myself out of my room if I was to run to the bathroom or something. Luckily I had not. I trusted my roommates enough to not have to lock my door or even shut it at times. My roommates and I got along great. We took turns with the shower and sinks and most of the time, were ready at the same time.

The lounge was a cool spot. Every time the scholars and I would watch a movie I would not want to do any homework or anything I had responsibilities to attend to. The lounge was relaxing at times, then rowdy during other times. It was so fun. Everyone overall becomes friends in a way, that makes they time there easier and more fun because conversations can start with anyone between anyone. It’s a challenge still, entering an environment where u does not really know anyone. I had went in that was, but I left having more friends than I had ever expected since the first time I seen the scholars and the orientation meeting. All of the scholars were cool and we learned to respect and enjoy each other.

Another exciting part of the dorm life was the sand volleyball court! That was my favorite activity there. The best games played were on the last night of the stay at Scotts Hall. We pulled an all nighter! Well I actually pulled a twelve thirty- er. Anyways, our team consisted of all girls and we dominated completely! We lost our first and last games, but in the first game we were not prepared and the last game we were worn out and tired! It was all good; we were satisfied with the way we played as a team, and the way we interacted as UNO Summer Scholars of 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment